Sunday, March 27, 2011

Noir.

We were itching to get some pics of us in our outfits up and live, so we made a sort of makeshift photo shoot by putting a white bedsheet on a door and on the ground. It's freezing here in balmy Minnesnowda, so outside wasn't really an option (plus, it was dark, and for the moment, I'm not a huge fan of photos using flash). Hoping spring will roll around soon here so we can take *lovely* photographs in the great outdoors, but until then, here's what we got!



Meet Chloe. The other author of Chasing Lovely. If you were not already aware, this is a co-written blog. We call this look our "Kim Kardashian" look. When wearing an all-black outfit, contrast the solid one-tone palette with a bold red lip. I dare you. 

Top: Gap
The lacey detailing on the shoulders adds a nice touch to this simple black top. I'm lace-obsessed. I couldn't resist.

Skirt: J. Crew
There's a reason this skirt is called a "tulip skirt." It looks like an upside-down flower with fabric petals. 

Shoes: DSW, Madden Girl

Black pumps are a classic staple item. Definitely worth the investment since they match with just about everything. 


I call this my "ballerina" outfit. All I need to do now is put my hair in one of those perfect buns. 

Top: White House Black Market
This top has a great low scoop in the back. Which is why it reminds me of a ballerina's leotard.

Skirt: J. Crew
Shoes: Report, DSW
Black sequin sparkly goodness. 'nuff said.

Eyes: Urban Decay
Lips: Maybelline Lipstain
Our beautifulgorgeouslovely friend Stephanie. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her freckles <3

Dress: Kohl's
Belt: Target
Shoes: Diba, DSW

Stephanie and Chloe. Channeling Pretty-Little-Liars chic ;) A perfect example of how accessories can really make a look.



xo,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment