Monday, August 15, 2011

"I Am The Burro Police"

Tank: Aerie $11.96 ($14.95 w/20% off)
Shoes: Chuck Taylor's, DSW $16.37 (with help of $20 DSW Rewards coupon & $5 DSW birthday coupon)

Chloe's new high school recently had a BBQ. So we drove down, had some of the yummy potluck-style food, played a few of our songs (they had live music), and (thankfully!) brought our camera along to snap a few pics.

Here's one of Chloe with the TWO BURROS they had on the school's lawn. Alive, LIVING, BREATHING BURROS! Cool? We thought so.

Chloe (left) Tank: Aerie $11.96 ($14.95 w/20% off) - Chuck Taylor's: DSW $16.37 (with help of $20 DSW Rewards coupon & $5 DSW birthday coupon)
Taylor's (right) Tank: Anthropologie - Sandals: Miss Me - Shorts: American Eagle
I had to hop in for a picture with the burros. I mean, they're burros...come on!

Tank: Aerie $11.96 ($14.95 w/20% off) - Shorts: American Eagle - Earrings: Aldo, $8
So, like I said before, THANKFULLY we brought our camera along because the lighting outside was so completely and utterly perfect.

Tank: Aerie $11.96 ($14.95 w/20% off) - Earrings: Aldo, $8
To tame what Chloe refers to as her "lion hair," she blow dries it, applies Tresemme Heat Protection Spray (and lets it dry for a few minutes), then gently flat irons it. Never clamp your straightener down too hard or pull at your hair with it. Let it glide at a slow and steady pace, and NEVER have it sitting in one place for too long. Otherwise you're just asking for nasty, damaged hair!

Tank: Aerie $11.96 ($14.95 w/20% off) - Earrings: Aldo, $8
I wanted this tank from Aerie ever since I laid eyes on it. A few months later it went on sale, there was one in our size (yay!) so naturally...I snatched it up! The peach reminds me of Georgia. And I'm obsessed with anything peach-flavored. Like Stonyfield's delicious peach O'Soy yogurt...kay imma stop now :P

Tank: $11.96 ($14.95 w/20% off) - Shorts: American Eagle - Earrings: Aldo, $8
Chloe always does this scary wink. Not like the one pictured above...it's like this weird fast creepsta wink. She does it to me all the time to freak me out.

Earrings: Aldo, $8 - Tank: Aerie $11.96 ($14.95 w/20% off)
Tank: Aerie $11.96 ($14.95 w/20% off) - Shorts: American Eagle
Shoes: Chuck Taylor's, DSW $16.37 (with help of $20 DSW Rewards coupon & $5 DSW birthday coupon)
Earrings: Aldo, $8
Chlo's old pair of high-top Chuck Taylor's were too worn out to keep (trust me, she would've tried to keep wearing them because she digs the "super worn" look)...there were holes everywhere, the lining on the top went missing--you get the picture. They were FALLING APART. So dear kind momsie got her a much-needed new pair. And I'm lovin' how shiny and clean they are!!

Tip: Clean the white rubbery part of tennis shoes with an old toothbrush and some tooth paste. IT WORKS WONDERS! ;) White and sparkling new.

Brown tank: Abercrombie & Fitch - Colorful tank: Anthropologie - Shorts: American Eagle - Sandals: Miss Me
Okay, so now you know that I am an outfit repeater. Recycler. Call it what you may. And you know what? I'm proud of it!

Brown tank: Abercrombie & Fitch - Colorful tank: Anthropologie - Nail Polish: OPI "Purple With A Purpose"
I can't remember the last time I wore purple nail polish, but I found this color at the beginning of the week and am IN LOVE with it! 

Foundation: Clinique Perfectly Real, shade 4 - Powder: CoverGirl Loose Powder in Translucent Fair
Eyeliner: MAC Fluidline Gel Eyeliner in Blacktrack - Lips: Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm & Covergirl gloss balm in Coral
Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in Blackest Black
When it comes to makeup, most days I like to go for a "natural" look. My mom once said, "Makeup shouldn't look all caked-on and fake. It should just be a slightly better you." Well said, momma ;)

Hair: Hot Tools marcel curling iron - Brown tank: Abercrombie & Fitch - Colorful tank: Anthropologie
I'll label what I did to my hair as "loose waves." To achieve this look, I let my hair air-dry (can't remember the last time I blow dried my hair 'cuz the less heat it takes, the better!) overnight. When I woke up, I brushed out any snarls and used a 1.5" marcel curling iron, taking fairly big sections of hair, but holding each section for about...mmmm...10 to 15 seconds? Then I let the wind outside at the BBQ do the rest ;)

Brown tank: Abercrombie & Fitch - Colorful tank: Anthropologie - Shorts: American Eagle
We are trying to keep better track of how much we paid for the clothes we feature on here. While the clothes I see in fashion magazines are gorgeous and what not, I think it's silly to spend $400 on a shirt...

Brown tank: Abercrombie & Fitch - Colorful tank: Anthropologie
Chlo and I are always scouring for sales, deals, specials...we're the kind of people who walk into a store and head straight for the clearance section. Why buy something for full price when a couple months later you can get it for 30 or 50% off? Call me cheap. But that's how I roll (:

xo,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment