Sunday, August 28, 2011

Make It Work

Shirt: Aerie
Jean Capris: American Eagle
Belt: American Eagle

If y'all weren't aware, I was given a dress code to follow for this school year. Click here to see "Dress Code". Me, liking the clothes in my closet was not too happy upon learning about these restrictions. But I thought I would keep ya updated on how I'm coping.

This was my first day of school outfit. I believe I wore flip-flops with this. But took 'em off when I got home. They were nothing special...

Shirt: Aerie
Jean Capris: American Eagle
Belt: American Eagle
The shirt doesn't hang in a particularly flattering manner, but we purchased it a size too big with belting it in mind. 

Shirt: J. Crew
Jeans: American Eagle
Chuck Taylors: DSW
Glasses: LensCrafters, Ray-Ban
I wanted this shirt from the moment I laid eyes on it. I'm telling you, J.Crew Men's section is the place to shop!!!

Shirt: J. Crew
Glasses: LensCrafters, Ray-Ban
I thought this pic was cool. 

Flannel shirt: J. Crew - Jeans: American Eagle - Chuck Taylors: DSW
Another lovely item found in the J.Crew Men's section! Don't be afraid to walk over there. Who cares if you are not a man, you can rock the clothes better than half the guys out there!!


Flannel shirt: J. Crew - Jeans: American Eagle - Chuck Taylors: DSW

These baby's are sooper comfy and I love them so much. Although they do get a little warm in the summer months, you can rock 'em with shorts as well! Unfortunately I cannot wear shorts so that was not an option. 

Shirt: Aerie - Belt: New York & Co. - Jeans: American Eagle

This was my birthday outfit. I remembered the sparkly belt I had in the closet and had to wear it.

Shirt: Aerie - Belt: New York & Co. - Jeans: American Eagle
I need to buy some black or red suspenders to go with this shirt, but haven't gotten a chance to. I'll post a pic when I find some...

Don't mind the quality of these next few photos. They were taken on PhotoBooth but I thought I would include 'em anyways: 

Hoodie: School
Here's me in my Burro hoodie. It is the only hoodie I can wear. Although people seem to be getting away with wearing plain no-words-on-them hoodies, so perhaps I will give that a try soon...

"Brasil" T-shirt: Target
During these first couple weeks of school I turned 16 so I thought I would throw this photo in here. This is one of my favorite T's even though it is out of "dress code."

"Brasil" T-shirt: Target
I wanted to give a little spunk to my normal side braid that I love so dearly. So I came up with this little sucker, which is a mix between the side braid and a french braid. 

To achieve this look:

1. Part your hair on the side (whichever is your "better side")
2. Begin french braiding as if you are making a braid on each side
3. Once you have braided to the point where you are directly above your ear, start taking hair from the other side of your head and weaving it into the braid. **Make sure it is wrapping all the way around your head and not directly over the top bcuz that would look dumb** 
4. Continue to french braid and take from the other side of your head!
5. When you run out of hair to weave in, just braid it like you normally would!
6. Secure with a small rubber hair binder, the kind that sorta look like the braces rubberbands. 

Love always,
C:

No comments:

Post a Comment