Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dinner Diaries: Cajun Chicken Pasta

I've been stumbling lately...in a good way. So I thought this would be the perfect kind of thing to share with you.

To be fair, Chloe does most of the cooking :P


You can follow my stumbles. I will review them. We both win!

I like to StumbleUpon music, fashion, crafts, but mostly...food.

Until recently I did not realize how many amazing, creative things there are out there that you can do with food! To say the least, my mind has been BLOWN.

To make use of my stumbling (and make sure it's not a complete waste of time), I've been discovering new dinner recipes. Nobody wants to eat the same thing everyday, and this is a great way to add new flavors into the mix.

Dinner #1: Cajun Chicken Pasta.

I hate having to go on a wild goose chase to find ingredients, so I generally look for recipes where I have most of what I need on hand. All Chloe and I had to do was make a quick Kroger run for cream cheese and scallions, then we started cooking away!

Cooking the chicken

Chloe cutting the peppers


The SLURRY!! Blended using a Magic Bullet :)

prepping the veggies


Chloe sautéing the vegetables


Cooking the noodles


Sauce


Dinner is served!


The finished product

Naturally, we tailored the recipe a little bit to fit our own personal taste. We didn't add mushrooms. Instead of dicing 2 tomatoes, we used 3/4 of a can of diced tomatoes. We used 1% milk instead of skim because that's what we had in the fridge. We also didn't add pepper or salt. We used whole-wheat linguine, and did not toss it with the sauce, but instead dished out the pasta and then put the sauce on each individual serving. That way, if there are leftovers, you can store them (pasta and sauce) separately in the refrigerator (re-heats better).

Review

-Chloe: "Next time, I will cut the vegetables thinner and sauté them longer so they're less crunchy. I added a little salt and cheese to my individual serving. It has the flavor of cream without actually using it, which cuts down on the fat. It was delicious and healthy."

-Kat: "I liked it a lot. I would definitely eat it again."

-Taylor: "The vegetables tasted amazing. I love peppers! Unlike Chloe, I actually liked them at the crunchiness level that they were. It was fun blending the slurry. I love blending things. I enjoyed the dish."

So there you have it! If you decide to try this yourself, definitely leave a comment and let us know how it turns out :)



Stay lovely!

xo,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment