Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Skin...In 7 Steps

An odd comment (but a completely welcome one!) I seem to get a lot is, "Your skin is so flawless!" I smile, thank the lovely person for the compliment, and think to myself, my skin is far from perfect, but alright, I'll take it!



That got me thinking: why don't I talk about my skin for my next blog post? Weird thought process, I know, but bear with me here.

So here are my "skin secrets"...if you can even call them that :P I guess they're not really secrets anymore ;)

1) I wash my face EVERY NIGHT. For me, it has less to do with breaking out, and more to do with the fact that I don't want makeup/foundation rubbing all over my pillowcase...ewww! Also, if you sleep with your mascara on, it will clump and flake and get into your eyes. Oh, and if you wear contacts, PLEASE TAKE THEM OUT WHEN YOU SLEEP! Your eyes need oxygen, which they don't get at night if you have your contacts in. 

To take off my makeup, I use Clinique Facial Soap. I use the bar soap version because it lathers better and lasts longer. My skin is super sensitive and drugstore brands tend to irritate it. When I'm finished, I set the soap perpendicular to the dish so it doesn't get gooey in the bottom of the dish and it dries better that way ;)


2) I use Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2 all over my face after washing it. I occasionally use this in the morning before I put on my makeup, but usually I only use it after I wash my face. I use half a cotton ball to apply it. This stuff makes your face feel extra fresh and clean, and is good for your pores.



HINT: Don't get too close to your eyes unless you want to experience a slight burning sensation. 



3) MOISTURIZE. I use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion at night after I wash my face and use clarifying lotion. When applying moisturizer, use your middle and/or ring finger and rub very, very gently in an upward motion. NEVER pull down on your face. Your skin on your face is sensitive, and you don't want it to sag as you age. Treat it nicely ;)


4) When people see me out and about, I'm usually wearing foundation. This is most likely the reason why they think I have "perfect" skin. If only they knew...haha. To cover up redness and imperfections, I use Clinique Even Better foundation. I refuse to use any foundations that don't have SPF in it to protect from the sun. I apply it with a foundation brush, and finish with a loose translucent powder to lock it in and make my face less shine-y. 



5) I have bags/discoloration under my eyes (I have since I was a child) so to combat that I use Neutrogena 3-in-1 Eye Concealer. I dab a tiny amount under each eye before applying my foundation. Love the SPF 20!


6) Another product I occasionally wear is Garnier's Skin Renew BB Cream, which is closer to a tinted moisturizer. I initially tried it to save money (you get a large tube for a good price). The texture of the product is a bit greasy for my taste, so I save it for days that my face feels super dry. I may switch to Clinique's BB Cream and see if I like it better, because it's SPF 30! And higher quality...sometimes skimping and trying to save money doesn't do any good in the long run :P





7) For any of you who know Chloe, you know how obsessed she is with lip balm. She always has it on her, and goes into a panic if she's out or has forgotten it. Her balm of choice? Sun Shades by Melaleuca. We both prefer the Vanilla Bean scent over all of the others. It has SPF 15 protection, and is super moisturizing, with a soft, buttery texture. Cracked lips don't stand a chance against this stuff. We swear by it!




I think that about covers it! If you have any thoughts or questions, please leave a comment below! We love hearing from you :)

Stay lovely!

xo,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment