Monday, August 13, 2012

Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy Smoothie Recipe

If you read my last blogpost, I can understand why you're a bit confused. A smoothie recipe? What happened to ridding the freezer of fruit by making fruit leather?




To clear up any confusion: Yes, I still make smoothies, BUT I've learned not to buy fruit in great volumes. That way, I can make a smoothie every now and then when I'm in the mood ;)




So here's how I make 'em: quick, easy, and delicious without dumping unhealthy sorbet, ice cream, sugar, or sugary lemonade...into the mix.

Combine ingredients (see below for list). I use a Magic Bullet so I put the fruit in first, then add the softer items (yogurt) on top so they're closer to the blades. 




Blend and WAHLAH!





Smoothie time.





My favorite are smoothies where the blueberries dominate. So sweet and summery! :)



Ingredients: 


- 6 spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt

- 1 cup fruit (I chose half blueberries, half mangos) 
- 1 tbsp honey
- a few spritzes of lemon juice
- 1 scoop protein powder


So if you're anything like me--hate making elaborate meals that take long (especially when you're hungry, like, NOW!), this is a quick n' easy option that won't leave you feeling guilty (no more Pop Tart or sugary cereal quick-fix!).

Stay lovely!

xo,
T

2 comments:

  1. Smoothies are my #1 love, basically these are all my staple ingedients. I MUST try it with protein powder now! I use some frozen fruit to keep it super chill and always some banana. Thanks Taylor!

    -Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Olivia!!

      I love adding protein powder because it makes the smoothie more filling...so I'm not hungry, like, an hour later ;) I would start out by adding a small amount of protein powder because once it's in there, you can't take it away, but you can always add more! My sister insists that she hates protein powder, but I think it's because she put too much in the first time she tried it :P haha.

      Enjoy!

      xo

      Delete