Thursday, September 13, 2012

That's a wrap!

Scarf: a gift - Earrings: Posh - Shirt: Ann Taylor - Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters
Loafers: Steve Madden (DSW, on clearance $15)

I don't believe in bad hair days. Yeah, they're unavoidable, but you better bet I'm going to combat them with every weapon I've got.

Today I had 2 tests, which means I didn't get a whole lot of sleep, and didn't feel like messing with my hair. But I'm not one to shlub, thus, I had to figure something out :)
Not sure if I mentioned in a previous post--but I'm not a 'wash you hair every single day' kind of girl. Why? 
Well to start off--I have red hair. And red hair fades super fast.
If you're not washing your hair every day, be smart about it. After your shower, you can blow dry, curl, straighten--do whatever the heck you want to your hair. Depending on how thick or oil-prone your hair is, you may be able to get away with doing your normal routine the next day. But after that, you gotta put it up, and apply some dry shampoo (try Suave Professionals or Tresemme
As Chloe would put it, "No one wants to see that naasssttyyy!"
Let's face it: ponytails and buns by themselves can be boring. And some days they just don't work! Either your bun is acting up, your ponytail isn't sitting right...your hair is too flat to rock a side braid. These are very real dilemmas, people. And I've run into them too many times to ignore.


So I come up with solutions. As some of you may know, my latest obsession is putting crazy scarves or bandanas on my head (see my last post: Retro Rosie). Yes, I'm sure there are people out there who think I look completely 100% ridiculous...and there's always the possibility that I'll regret it in 10 years. But my philosophy is, rock what makes you comfortable--what makes you feel confident. If that means putting a duck on your head, so be it! 

...Just as long as it's not a LIVE duck. Let's be clear about that.

lip color: CoverGirl Lip Perfection, eternal 350
If you guys want me to do a tutorial on how to wrap the scarf, leave a comment below and let me know! I'm happy to do it. But if no one cares, no point in me wasting my time making a video ;) I don't use any clips or pins to secure it, which is nice. It's super easy! But kind of hard to explain in words...


About my outfit. Black jeans are one of my staples, partly because I like to wear moto boots a lot. They are also very versatile. My sister and mom call these shoes my "grandma" shoes. See, sometimes even my own family thinks what I wear is weird! Haha. I love loafers, though. They go with everything, and at $15 bucks on clearance at DSW, it was a no-brainer. A worthwhile investment ;)


I paired dangly earring with the head scarf because since it covers your ears, you don't want to look like an egg-head. Earrings subconsciously remind people that yes, you do in fact have ears. I wouldn't recommend stud earrings, though. They won't show and will just be uncomfortable with the scarf.


Like always, if you have any thoughts, questions, feel free to leave a comment below! We really appreciate it :)

Photos shot by Chloe & Taylor with an Olympus PEN camera

Stay lovely!


xo,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment