Sunday, June 30, 2013

Style Spotlight: Stephanie Spielmann

Kicking off a summer tour in Minnesota has its perks. While the weather wasn't what we had anticipated (40-some-degree weather and torrential downpours), we've been able to catch up with friends and reminisce about the good old days.

Dress: Charlotte Russe
Hat: Target

Being in our hometown, some of those friendships go waaaayyy back...dating as far back as 20 years ago, when Taylor and our friend Stephanie were only a year old. We grew up in the same neighborhood, rollerblading to our boom box in the garage, making up dance routines on the driveway, DJ-ing our own radio shows on casette tapes and eating Fla-vor-ice Freeze Pops on hot summer days.

...and not much has changed since.


Who do you look to for style inspiration?

 S: I love looking for new trends by people-watching...everyone has their own style. I get inspired by strangers every day!
White wedge sandals: Charlotte Russe
Blue floral dress: Urban Outfitters
Cowboy boots: RCC Western Store

Quick response! What's your favorite...

Place to shop
Target! I work there, so it's hard not to purchase all the new arrivals!

Thing in your closet right now
My little black dress. I love, love, love wearing dresses in the summertime.

Songs you're listening to
Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke. Try not to dance while it plays. It's
impossible. I love songs that put you in a good mood after listening to them...
Waiting All Night feat. Ella Eyre by Rudimental
Safe and Sound by Capital Cities
Helena Beat by Foster the People is always a classic
Midnight Life (The White Panda Mashup) by M83 and Kanye West

Thing to do in the summer
Going to the Minnesota State Fair! That's always a good time. And just hanging out with friends by a bonfire or going up to a cabin and laying by the lake!


Piece to wear that always makes you feel like a million bucks
WEDGES! HEELS! BOOTS! I'd probably have to say most of my dresses too...


How do you discover new music?

S: I find new music through 8tracks.comDefinitely one of my favorite sites! You can listen to playlists people have created based on the genre you pick! Great for finding new songs to jam to.

Dress: Forever 21

Any trends that you're itching to try?

S: I actually just bought my first pair of high-waisted shorts. So we'll see how that goes!


How has your style evolved over the years?

S: It went from wearing what everyone else thought was cool to what I thought worked!
I love wearing headbands and rings, which I never would've worn when I was younger…


Looking back, do you have any style moments where you wonder, “What the heck was I thinking?!”

S: Basically any time I was wearing Hollister...hahaha.

Wedge sandals: Charlotte Russe

Best place to hang out in Minnesota?

S: Uptown with the little boutiques and coffee shops.
The Walker Art Center with the Cherry and the Spoon sculpture.
I love the Stone Arch Bridge and the Mill City Museum Area.
Lake Calhoun is also a good relaxing place to hang out!


What do you like most about living in Minnesota?

S: I love the changes in seasons, with an exception of this year...it's been pretty cold and rainy. I like that "Minnesota nice" actually exists. I love watching the Minnesota Twins at Target Field! And my most favorite thing has got to be the State Fair! They have every food you can imagine on a stick.

Black lace tank: Urban Outfitters

Best Chloe & Taylor memory?

Going to St. Lucia! When I was in 7th grade Chloe, Taylor and I spent an amazing week in the Caribbean. Went zip lining, wave riding...it was an amazing experience with my two 
best friends!


Another great memory has got to be dancing in the garage. We used to make up dances to Hilary Duff and Play. The garage door was always opened for the world to see our crazy good dance moves. A majority of our childhood was spent doing that and making home talk show videos...haha.


Okay last one, I swear!
One night Taylor and Chloe were sleeping over at my house and we were going to the Mall of America early in the morning the next day...So at 3am Taylor and I were still up while Chloe was sleeping. We decided to cover all of the clocks in the house and pretend that it was 8 in the morning. So we woke Chloe up with a fresh plate of pancakes and told her we had to get ready to go (Taylor and I were always playing pranks on our little sis Chloe). She got up and was so tired she tripped on her own feet and almost fell asleep in her pancakes! That was definitely unforgettable, especially for Chloe. She wasn't the happiest camper when we told her it was actually 3 am...

And one time when we were little we locked Chloe in the bathroom with these scary porcelain dolls and this creepy looking toy pig... 
It was out of love. Haha.




What I'm listening to: OneRepublic – Counting Stars

Photos shot by Taylor & Chloe with an Olympus Pen camera

A huge thank-you to Steph for making it so easy to take beautiful pictures!

xo,
T

1 comment: