Wednesday, August 3, 2011

NatureLuxe by CoverGirl

For any of you out there who are interested in the products I use, I've decided to start making posts about them. Not exactly sure how I'm going to categorize each one, but here goes.




I'm one of those people who reads magazines like they're going out of style, and I'm also a sucker for ads. So if I see a new mascara or lip gloss come out, you better bet I'm itching to try it. I can't stick with one product for too long. Gotta spice it up, y'know?
Let's start with the recent "NatureLuxe" by CoverGirl line. Their mission was to create make-up products that we're natural and not-so-heavy. I was intrigued. No one likes to feel like their face is weighed down by 10 pounds of make-up!



What I was most intrigued by was their "gloss balm" which fused lip gloss with lip balm. I don't know about you, but I am ALWAYS having issues with my hair flying into my lipgloss and sticking. Then you go to pull it out and there's the gloss, nicely matted into your hair.


Then there's lip balm: the most comfortable lip-wear of them all. But it gives you that dead-lips-no-color look. How attractive! My verdict on the Gloss Balm? I'm hooked. It's not super long-lasting, so keep it with you to reapply throughout the day. My fav shades: Tulip, Thistle, Anemone, Coral and Marble.



The one other product I've tried from CoverGirl's NatureLuxe line is the mascara. I'm always switching up my mascaras every time I see the new latest-and-greatest come out. I can't resist. So naturally, I thought I'd give this one a whirl. My opinion? This is the GREATEST mascara for LOWER LASHES. You won't be sitting there for 10 minutes trying to coat it on only for it to look barely-visible. This gives you nice coverage in seconds. As for the top lashes...I wouldn't recommend NatureLuxe mascara unless you're going for a clumpy, twiggy-esque look.

Questions, comments, and feedback are always welcome! 

xo,
T

1 comment: