Tuesday, October 11, 2011

scatter

I found a bunch of random photos that I thought I'd share with you. They don't really have a cohesive theme, but there has to be a place for the misfits, non? 




This picture is from back when I got a pretty drastic haircut (for me) because (like usual) I was bored of my hair at the time. So I chopped it all off, and was very content for two weeks, but (like usual) after those two weeks, I wanted my long hair back. Mostly because it was hard to put my hair in a ponytail :P 


Glasses: Ray-Ban
Chloe likes gummy bears. Haribo brand, to be specific. I just really like this picture. Because of her hair. And all the colors.


Chloe (left) Vest: American Eagle - Leggings: Xhilaration (Target) - Chuck Taylors: DSW
Taylor (right) Jacket: Juicy Couture - Pants: Gap - Booties: Nine West Vintage America


This was taken in San Francisco, CA, when we were visiting friends over spring break. That black jacket is probably my favorite jacket that I own. I got it on clearance in NYC and I wear it constantly during spring and fall.


Shirt: Anthropologie


Sometimes I like going for retro looks. This one is pretty easy to achieve:

1. Curl hair with 1.5" barrel curling iron (I like marcel curling irons. I own one by Hot Tools)
2. Lightly tease crown (don't get too extreme with this or you will look silly) 
3. Pin back hair into a "half ponytail" with bobby pins
4. Pin bangs to the side with a bobby pin (or two)
5. Apply winged eyeliner and some classy red lipstick




If you didn't already know, Chloe is a weirdo. Point A: she puts rocks in her mouth.




Example B. ^^ Apparently Chloe knows something about couch safety that we don't...?




And if I haven't proven my point, allow me to submit my final piece of evidence. What a strange bird...




Okay...maybe I'm guilty of being a weirdo too :P




I like Chlo's eye makeup here. Looks...toasty. But what I love more is that you can see the freckles on her nose! 




PhotoBooth is way too fun. But seriously.


Taylor (left) Shirt: Forever21 - Shorts: American Eagle • Chloe (right) Romper: Aerie - Bandeau: Aerie


This sweet little girl came up to us after we performed at Puckett's Gro. & Restaurant in Leiper's fork. She asked us to sign her arm. ADORABLE.




I rarely wear my hair straight. With my cowlick, it just never seems to look too good. To get my wavy "Hollywood" curls...

1. Curl 1" sections of hair with a 1.5" curling iron
2. LIGHTLY mist with hairspray. Finish the rest of your "getting ready" routine (15 minutes? Or less. It's up to you) 
3. Take a paddle brush and GENTLY brush out the curls. Run your fingers through a few times...and WAHLAH! 

**NOTE: Sometimes I do steps 1 and 2 and leave it that way for the whole day. Then sleep on the curls (they usually hold well through the night) and I do step 3 the next morning ;)


Shirt: Aerie - Chuck Taylors: DSW


Chloe was sad when she had to give up her old, worn Chuck Taylors. She likes it when they're all gross with holes in them. So she snapped a picture to compare her new Chucks to her old ones.




THAT'S RIGHT!! I FREE-HAND DREW THAT CARE BEAR!! Bam.

Now I have to get back to my dreaded schoolwork. And maybe get some sleep? Nahhh--who am I kidding?! It's MIDTERM!

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment