Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sugar Plum Fairy

Plum velvet jacket: J. Crew - Olive jeweled tank top: Anthropologie - Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters
Flats: J. Crew outlet (Opry Mills)

Greetings! Chloe has the good fortune of being on fall break this week, so I decided to take advantage of that. I stumbled upon a hairstyle I wanted to try, but it required french braiding, and I am horrible at french-braiding my own hair.

If you'd like to try the hairstyle for yourself, here's a how-to video: http://www.videofy.me/pkarlsson/338045


Earrings: Urban Outfitters


This hairstyle was super easy (for Chloe) and took 5 minutes or less. I'm always interested in trying new 'dos, but oftentimes they look really cool, but are super complicated. To achieve this style, all you have to do is create a reverse french braid down one side of your head, secure it with a binder, wrap the remaining hair into a bun, and secure with bobby pins.



I got this jacket a couple years ago on sale at J. Crew. I spotted it when it was first put on the floor and waited patiently to see if I'd be able to snag on on the sale racks. JML, I scored one in my size and price range! It was literally the last one left.


What I love about this jacket: so many things. The rich, jewel-plum velvet, the yellow/green silk underneath (so when I roll up the sleeves, you get that extra pop of color!), the way it's sewn in a peplum-esque style.


I know I've featured these flats in at least one other blog post, but I forgot to get a close up of them. So here they are. I got them on clearance at the J. Crew outlet at Opry Mills. The color matches with a lot of outfits I wear, and they're just simply classic.

Hope you all are having a lovely week!



xo,
T

3 comments:

  1. Next time I'm in Nashville we are doing a photoshoot with your amazing camera! I'll being my whole wardrobe in preparation. -Haley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *bring...e and r are right next to each other

      Delete
    2. Hey Haley!
      We'd love to do a photoshoot with you and our Olympus PEN camera :) And yes, when you come, please bring your entire wardrobe for ample fashion fun!

      Can't wait :)

      xo

      Delete