Friday, January 4, 2013

Birthday Suit

Coat: Urban Outfitters - Knee high socks: Target - Loafer shoes: Steve Madden (DSW) - Purse: Express
Headband: Walmart

I don't know about you, but I love getting dressed up for my birthday. It makes the day even more fun than it already is. I know a lot of people would argue that I'm pretty much always dressed up, but that's a whole other conversation (which can be summed up: I suck at casual outfits).

After being in Iowa for a week during the holidays, I have been heartily reminded of how good I have it in Nashville [weather-wise]. So I decided to take advantage of that and pull out my gray knee-high socks for the occasion!


I didn't feel like walking around in heels all day, hence the "grandma shoes" (the term my family has so fondly nicknamed my loafers). I happen to think grandmas can be very stylish, and like to embrace their fashionable ways from time to time ;)

Sweater: Express - Skirt: Len Druskin Outlet

Nashvillians probably think I'm nuts for donning a skirt this time of year...but I am from Minnesota. We "weather" some crazy winters up there!



Oh, and about this headband: my sister got some from Walmart and I am OBSESSED! She has them in black, white, and navy. They are comfy, versatile and can fix a bad hair day in seconds...not that I was having a bad hair day today or anything...

Ring: American Eagle Outfitters

One of the fabulous birthday presents I received today was this beautiful ring--thanks momma! Couldn't help but glance at it thru out the day... It's. So. Sparkly. Eeek! Love it.



An ironic thing I just realized about this outfit: a lot of it was gifted. The jacket and purse were both Christmas/birthday presents from years past. The purse is on it's last leg...it's falling apart, which makes me sad because it's been such a trusty little purse and I love it. The tiny quilted studs are subtle, the color matches just about everything, and it's got a cute, round, mushroom-pouch shape.

I had an absolutely wonderful birthday, and want to thank everyone who posted lovely birthday wishes on the Chasing Lovely facebook page!

You guys are so sweet and really know how to brighten up a girl's day! Wishing you all a Happy New Year full of joy, laughter, and unforgettable memories :)



xo,
T

As always, if you have any thoughts or questions, please leave a comment below! We love hearing from ya ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment