Tuesday, August 20, 2013

We've got love, and baby we've got stars

Denim shirt: American Eagle Outfitters - Quilted black wristlet: Coach (a gift) -
Black jeggings: American Eagle Outfitters - Fedora  hat: Target - Leopard stud loafers: Target

I'd like to start off by addressing the title of this blog. As songwriters living in Nashville for the past two years, Chloe and I have listened to a lot of original songs. But one that's really stuck out to us was a song we heard at Puckett's "Rising Star" in Franklin, TN (a suburb of Nashville). We can only remember that one (rather superb) line , but hats off to the guy who wrote it! 'Cuz we're still singing it to this day, with only ever hearing it once.

*If any Nashvillians know said songwriter, please let me know so I can credit him! Thx :)




We've been touring the Midwest for almost three months now, and as luck would have it (or rather, natural wear-and-tear) our Olympus PEN camera decided to stop working on us *sad face* :-( 

So we've been using our iPad to take pictures at shows, and playing "iPhone photographer" for this blog post (and future posts, until our camera returns from the shop). 

Earrings: American Eagle Outfitters (on double clearance for $2.80)

Luckily, iPhones can take some phenomenal (and surprisingly crisp!) photos. But I'm pretty sure my iCloud hates me for it, because it keeps notifying me that my cloud is full...whatever that means. I'm still not really sure what my "cloud" is, what it does, or where the heck it's located for that matter. Haha :P



As you may have noticed, we are now Pinterest-friendly! So if you see a look you want to save for inspiration later, hover your cursor over the photo and pin away!

Stackable rings (two different sets) : American Eagle Outfitters @ 30% off normal price
[rings worn on my pinky & ring fingers are one-size-fits-all "midi" rings]
Nail polish: OPI "Overexposed in South Beach" and "Tickle My France-y"

This outfit basically combines our favorite styles. Chloe is obsessed with denim shirts, and I'm a fan of just about anything animal print (as long as it's classy, of course...we all know how wrong cheetah can go). The two go perfectly together because the shirt is simple, and the leopard flats add a fun touch that's not overdone.


I've got to mention this wristlet because I swear I use it every day! Definitely one of the best and most useful gifts I've ever received. It's the perfect size to fit your phone, credit card, and a little bit o' cash when you don't feel like lugging around a big purse.


I had Chloe snap a shot of the back of this shirt because I love the cutout! Big fan of tasteful little details like that ;) That's what takes your average denim shirt from ordinary to "Oh my gosh, I have to have that."


Aside from animal print, studs are another trend that can get a little out of hand...which is why I'm really surprised this combo works out so well. What I love about these studs is they're small, placed neatly on a thin black strip, and for all intensive purposes, harmless...unlike some of those vicious dagger-like specimens you see that look like they're about to rip your face off.


To redheads or anyone who colors their hair on a regular basis: invest in hats. They're a Godsend on bad hair days or when you don't want the hassle of dry shampoo. They're a cute way to keep your color vibrant!





Denim shirt: American Eagle Outfitters

Black jeggings: American Eagle Outfitters

Leopard stud loafers: Target

Fedora hat: Target

Quilted black wristlet: Coach

"midi" rings: American Eagle Outfitters

Earrings & Stackable rings: American Eagle Outfitters



What I'm listening to: Dust to Dust by The Civil Wars

Hope you've been having a fantastic summer :-)  

Stay lovely!

xo,
T

Photos shot by Chloe on an iPhone 4S

No comments:

Post a Comment